It's the start of a new year for Young Erie Professionals and we are extremely excited to offer many programs and events in 2020.
Due to additional programming and events being offered to our membership, we have increased membership for 2020. Membership is now $100 per person annually if your employer is an Erie Regional Chamber (ERCGP) member, and $150 if your employer is not a member of ERCGP. If you joined after June 2019, this will not go into effect and you will not need to renew your membership until June 2020.
Here's a glimpse of what you can expect in 2020:
- Off the Clock: Our Off the Clock events offer members a chance to network with other members while connecting with a local business or organization. These events are FREE to members
- A Seat at the Table: Sponsored by Erie Community Foundation, these bi-monthly lunches are open to the first 20 YEP members who register. By being a YEP member and attending the luncheon, you'll receive a buffet lunch, drink and a motivational chat with an executive leader within the community. These events are FREE to members.
- Drop the Mic: Sponsored by National Fuel, each quarter a YEP committee will come together and host a panel discussion on a topic of importance to the young people in the Erie community. These events are FREE to members.
- Lunch Meet-Ups: On the second Tuesday of each month, we will travel to one of the 38 unique municipalities that make up Erie County to have lunch with current, new, and potential YEP members. Come to meet new people, learn what YEP has in store for the month, and get professional support from your peers. Price is $10 per lunch.
- ERCGP Member Discount: receive the membership rate to ALL ERCGP programs and events.
- Exclusive Offerings: YEP members are also offered discounts throughout the year to other community events, as well as discounts for memberships to other clubs/organizations.
- Angela Price has been named President for 2020-2022
- Ellen Kehl has been named Vice President for 2020-2022
- The Entreprenuership Committee has become the Small Business Committee to reflect a broader purpose and representation
- YEP will partner with the Erie Community Foundation to form Young Erie Philanthropists which will oversee an endowment and distribute grant money to the community
- With ERCGP's new membership structure, compensated YEP memberships will no longer be a benefit of ERCGP members of a certain level. We encourage you to speak with your company about using available professional development funds to cover your annual YEP membership fee.
We hope you'll see the value in continuing to be a member with Young Erie Professionals and look forward to seeing you at an event soon. Anyone with questions regarding these changes should direct them to Amanda Duncan, YEP Program Manager, at email@example.com.